Seeking Interns for Music Photo SiteBy Sara McGuyer • Sep 2nd, 2010 • Category: Thinkering
Internship Alert: We’re Hiring Interns for a Live Music Photo Site
We’re currently looking for 3 people to fill part-time (10-15 hrs/wk) internship positions. This is a great opportunity to be part of a live music photo site/start-up site while developing social media know-how and communications skills. The ideal candidate is a student of communications, journalism or related field of study, as well as a music lover with interest spanning multiple genres.
The intern will work closely with our Community Engagement Coordinator to help to build traffic and mind-share through outreach into the music community. This outreach would occur online and at music events around Indy. The intern candidate will gain first hand experience contributing original content, managing multiple social networking platforms and interacting on music blogs and fan sites.
Additional tasks may include:
- Monitoring and reporting on site analytics and keyword analysis
- Adding and tagging content on the site
- Writing artist bios or concert reviews
- Reviewing and reporting on feedback for our mobile app currently in development
- Creating and editing photo and video content in conjunction with the Creative Producer and Community Engagement Coordinator
Helpful skills and traits:
- familiarity with basic creative software (Photoshop)
- a keen interest in social communications
- ability to adapt to new roles and work well independently
These internship opportunities for the fall semester will run from September 2010 through December 2010 and are Indianapolis based. The positions are open to all currently enrolled students who are eligible to receive school credit for their internship with us. These are unpaid positions requiring a minimum of 10 hours per week.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to sara [at] wiseelephant [dot] com by September 15, 2010.